Friday, November 14, 2008

Connecting, connected, waiting, SERVICE NOT AVAILABLE


Patience is a virtue, they say. I suppose that's true. Patience is a good thing to have when you're dealing with, say, screaming children or a line at the DMV. Patience prevents people from exchanging insults or throwing sharp objects at each other. It's also what kept me from choking a Delta Airlines employee when it took me 36 hours to get home from Reno one time.

Patience, however, should not be tested when waiting for things like test results. Or if you won the lottery. And trying desperately to get into a website for almost 4 hours to find out such things is just ridiculous. What happened to the good ole days when we got test results in the mail? There was no anxious waiting in front a computer screen, getting your hopes up every time the page loaded past "Connected," only to have them crushed like a watermelon under an elephant's enormous foot when that little circle kept turning. When we got results in the mail, you weren't tied to your computer, staring incessantly at the screen, willing it to load; you just waited around for the mail to come. And when it did, and your results weren't included, you got frustrated for two minutes and continued on with your day.

What I'm trying to say is, the New York State Bar Exam results came out 9am this morning and I STILL DON'T KNOW IF I PASSED. Not that I think I passed, I probably failed. I didn't exactly put a valiant effort into studying, what with not wanting to be an attorney and all. But still... it would be nice to know what kind of shitfaced I'm getting tonight.

UPDATE: I PASSED THE BAR EXAM!!!!!

No comments: