Friday, January 2, 2009

How to annoy me*


This installment of "How to annoy me" will be told in story form because THAT'S HOW ANNOYED I AM.

As you learned in this post, I love to read. It's hands-down my favorite pastime. So I was super excited when my mom gave me a $50 Barnes & Noble gift card for Christmas. FIFTY DOLLARS!! That I could spend on BOOKS!! See all the exclamation points?! That's how happy I was!!

I even had a great plan: I would go to Barnes & Noble and check out all the new books, write down the titles of the ones I wanted, then go to bn.com and find them for less. Brilliant, right?

WRONG. Only certain books are actually cheaper online, and only by a few cents. You can find them for way cheaper by selecting the "find used" option, but you still have to pay for shipping--about $4 per book. Which is sometimes more expensive than the actual book.

So basically I just spent $34 on books, and another $20 on shipping.

Barnes & Noble, I don't care how much fun I had working for you back in college. I think I am now officially a Border's fan. I signed up for their membership card at the airport in Cincinnati last year, so I might as well use it. Not only are their prices better, but I hear you can use their gift cards on Amazon--something that will surely save me money. And THAT is something that Mr. Barnes and Mr. Noble seem to frown upon.

*It seems fitting that my 100th post is about how to annoy me.

No comments: