Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Gettin' my culture on

My friend Steve from Colorado/California came out to New York this weekend to visit his brother. Since I hadn't been to the MoMA or Guggenheim in years, we decided to take a little art tour of Manhattan yesterday. It's days like these that remind why I <3 NY.


The Guggenheim









St. Patrick's Cathedral




The Museum of Modern Art




Steve


First picture of yours truly ever posted on this here web log


Andy Warhol


How I feel most of the time


Edward Hopper, one of my favorites


Frida Kahlo. Her work is amazing in person


Self-explanatory (Monet's water lilies)


Gustav Klimt. I actually saw an exhibition of his work in Berlin




Fantastic exhibition of the work of German artist Martin Kippenberger




The day started with randomly coming across a piece of the Berlin Wall in Midtown Manhattan. I for one had no idea it was there. Very cool discovery.

So crepes at a European cafe in Astoria, four hours at the MoMA, some Manhattan architecture, a hot dog from a cart, all kinds of moving and live art at the Guggenheim, dinner at a Thai place in the East Village, and a drink at a KGB bar. If anyone can tell me how to get paid doing those things, please share.

1 comment:

Liz said...

Wow you actually "know" art. I'm impressed.