Saturday, May 9, 2009

Some irrational fears


You have some pretty strange ones too, right? I know I'm not the only one. Here goes:
  • My fourth grade teacher once said that you should never sleep with your ankles crossed because you could lose circulation in your feet, which could lead to amputation. Seventeen years later, I never keep my ankles crossed for too long.
  • I am deathly afraid of raw chicken. Whenever I cook with it, I wash every single utensil and cooking accoutrement the second I'm done using it, and the dishrags go right into the laundry.
  • I never turn the fan on high because I'm afraid it'll spin too fast and fly off the ceiling.
  • I let towels dry before putting them in the hamper because I'm afraid they'll get moldy if they sit in there too long.
  • I try not to wear pointy-toed shoes two nights in a row because I'm afraid my toes will turn inward.
  • I obsessively check things cooking in the oven to make sure they don't burn.
  • I have never, not once, ever in my life done any drug other than the mary jane. I am so paranoid that I'll overdose and die that trying anything new just doesn't interest me.
  • I avoid revolving doors as much as possible because I'm afraid of getting stuck in one.
And that about covers it... the ones I'm willing to admit, anyway. What about you? What are your weird/irrational/interesting fears?

1 comment:

Meg said...

-If I kill a bug in the house, I have to flush them down the toilet then flush a second time. I am convinced they will miraculously spring back to life and come and get me. Especially if I toss them in a trash can.

-I will not use dairy products the day after the expiration date. I am convinced they instantly go bad at midnight and become toxic. If that means pouring a gallon of milk down the drain, so be it.

I'm afraid if I think about this any longer, I'll come up with a list that will make me feel like a neurotic nut case.