- You didn't get mad when the Supreme Court stopped a legal recount and appointed a President.
- You didn't get mad when Cheney allowed Energy company officials to dictate energy policy.
- You didn't get mad when a covert CIA operative got outed.
- You didn't get mad when the Patriot Act got passed. You didn't get mad when we illegally invaded a country that posed no threat to us.
- You didn't get mad when we spent over 600 billion (and counting) on said illegal war.
- You didn't get mad when over 10 billion dollars just disappeared in Iraq.
- You didn't get mad when you found out we were torturing people. You didn't get mad when the government was illegally wiretapping Americans.
- You didn't get mad when we didn't catch Bin Laden.
- You didn't get mad when you saw the horrible conditions at Walter Reed.
- You didn't get mad when we let a major US city, New Orleans, drown.
- You didn't get mad when we gave a 900 billion tax break to the rich. You didn't get mad when the deficit hit the trillion dollar mark.
- You finally got mad when the government decided that people in America deserved the right to see a doctor if they are sick. Yes, illegal wars, lies, corruption, torture, stealing your tax dollars to make the rich richer, are all okay with you, but helping other Americans...oh hell no.
Tuesday, March 30, 2010
Good point, albiet a little sweeping in its assumption that all Republicans/Conservatives feel this way
I try and stay away from politics on this here blog, but once in a while something comes along that is too good not to share. The following excerpt has been floating around the interwebs for a little while now. I found it here. While it does pigeonhole an inferred group of people, I happen to think some of this makes a good point. Enjoy. Or don't.