Monday, June 7, 2010

How I gained 5 pounds in one weekend

This past weekend was like a cacophony of flavorful delights for my taste buds. Homemade beans with cilantro and pico de gallo turned into a quesadilla filled with cheese, sour cream and more pico de gallo. A food truck delivered onto my tongue the perfect-size cheeseburger on a fresh bun with all sorts of yummy toppings, along with Mexican Coke and poutine so tasty I almost when back for seconds. Following that gastronomic feast was chocolate ice cream from a bona fide ice cream shop! And then, just when I thought I couldn't eat anything else, our friends prepared for us a pile of nachos with just-grilled carne asada, re-fried beans, and homemade guacamole. Hit with the cooking bug, I decided to cook dinner on Sunday night: oven-baked panko-breaded chicken, and garlic mashed potatoes (skin included) with mushrooms cooked in butter and garlic.
 My lunch today? Water and coffee. It's time to detox.

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

What time is dinner? YUM!